Thank you for your patience as we work together to troubleshoot your issue!
Please first make sure your app is showing the most up to date information by logging out and back in or force closing.
When plugged in while the device is on, the device should give the audible indication of charging, "Device is Charging", and you should see this message on the screen:
"Screen will black out when unplugged. New User? Download AngelSense app on your mobile to get started."
If you are having charging issues please:
- Verify if you get the audible indication of charging. If not, please try powering on the device.
- If the device will not power on:
- Be sure that the cable is inserted correctly. Charging the device
- Try charging in an alternate outlet
- If your device is able to charge in an alternate charging outlet, then the outlet is most likely the issue.
- Try charging with only the USB portion of the cord
- If your device is able to charge with only the USB portion of the cord, then the charging cord is the most likely issue. Buying accessories
- Try charging with an alternate charging cord
- If your device is able to charge with an alternate cord, then the charging cord is the most likely issue. Buying accessories
If none of the above appear to be the issue, please try the Basic Device Restart, below. If the device still has issues, then the issue may be the device's charging port itself.
Basic Device Restart:
- Take the battery out of the device
- Try to carefully clean the four golden ports in the device with a soft cloth
- Put the battery back in and replace the cover
- Plug the device in.
- Power on the device by holding down the power button until the device vibrates.
- Wait for a few minutes and verify that you get the audible indication of charging, "Device is Charging"
- If your device does not power on, please move on to the next advanced steps.
- If your device does power on, please take the device out in transit to give it a chance to gain cellular and GPS signals and communicate. If your device does not gain communication, please move on the to next advanced steps.
Basic Device Reset:
- Hold down the two side buttons, volume and power button. The device will do a very short vibration.
- Keeping holding both side buttons until the device does a long vibration.
- Please take the device out in transit to give it a chance to gain cellular and GPS signals and communicate.
If your device does not gain communication, please move on the to the Factory Reset.
- Take the battery out of the device and put it back in.
- Press and hold the following keys at the same time
- Volume Down button + Power button
- Release the Power button only when the LG logo is displayed, then immediately press and hold the Power button again.
- The device will vibrate and you will see the LG logo again, continue to hold all buttons down.
- Release all keys when the screen displays the "System recovery" options:
- Using the volume up/down button, toggle to “Factory data reset”
4. Press the power button to select this option
5. Select “yes” when prompted to “Erase all user data & restore default settings?”
6. The screen will show “factory reset processing” and “erasing…”, it will vibrate and restart at this point
7. If you get a prompt for “Location Consent”, please “Agree”
8. If you get a prompt for Google to access location, please select “Yes”
9. Select "OK" for all following prompts.
10. Once your device powers on, please take the device out in transit to give it a chance to gain cellular and GPS signals in order to communicate.
11. Contact us at email@example.com to let us know that you have successfully done the factory reset, as we will need to do an update for your device.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org once all of these steps have been taken to let us know which steps were done.